North Carolina has been the #1 fastest growing economy in the United States since 2013, according to U.S. Department of Commerce Bureau of Labor Statistics data.
Tax relief and regulatory reform have led our state to the economic forefront of the nation. Since 2013, North Carolinians have:
- received $4.4 billion in state tax relief;
- increased state Gross Domestic Product (GDP) by 13.4% — #1 in the nation;
- repaid billions of dollars in debt to federal government wrought by the previous administration;
- created more than 275,000 private sector jobs; and
- enjoyed a jump in business tax climate rankings from 44th to 16th, according to the Tax Foundation.
North Carolina’s top ranking in the nation is not a reason for us to rest on our laurels. With your vote, Michele Presnell will put more distance between North Carolina’s top ranking and the state in second place with more regulatory reform and tax relief.
North Carolina’s potential is unleashed when state government gets out of the way, keeps more money in our pockets and let’s us get to work.